Risk Assessor / Toxicologist (Natural Resource Specialist 4 - Toxicologist)
Eugene or Salem, Oregon
This announcement, REQ- 141680, will close on Sunday, December 17, 2023 at 11:59 PM.
Associate/Full Professor: R. Ken Coit College of Pharmacy, University of Arizona
The R. Ken Coit College of Pharmacy at the University of Arizona in Tucson invites applications for an endowed chair position at the level of tenure-eligible Associate/Full Professor in the Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology. Candidates with research interests in any area in the field of toxicology or environmental health within the mission of the NIEHS are encouraged to apply. The successful candidate will join a department with current research strengths in multiple areas of pharmacology, toxicology, drug discovery, and longevity. The department has undergone major expansion in recent years, adding five new endowed chairs and five junior faculty members. Excellent research infrastructure exists in the department and within UA Health Sciences campus. There are ample opportunities for collaborations with researchers across the University of Arizona, such as the Southwest Environmental Health Sciences Center, the Superfund Research Program, One Health Research Initiative, Training in Environmental Toxicology of Human Disease T32, BIO5 Institute, and the Arizona Cancer Center. For inquiries, please contact Dr. Nathan Cherrington at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to Other Job Listing Websites
Job Boards Related to Agricultural Sciences/Economics/Food:
- AgCareers: Broad job board for agriculture, food, natural resources and biotech. Also includes articles, career guides, career profiles, etc.
- Agricultural & Applied Economics Association: Agricultural economist jobs, professorships, analysts, post-docs, etc.
- American Society of Agronomy: Graduate assistantships, extension, professorships, research technicians, scientists and more.
- Biospace: Find biotech, clinical research and pharmaceutical jobs from thousands of employers.
- CareersInFood: Postings in microbiology, R&D, quality assurance, food science, brewing, management, dairy, etc.
- Institute of Food Technologists: IFT’s job board for food scientists, flavorists, regulatory/safety, etc.
- Jobs in Horticulture Inc.: Various job listings and internships in horticulture.
- Joe Produce: Online job center for produce, agriculture and related across the entire food chain - from seed to store.
WWOOF (Organic Farming): Live, volunteer, and learn on organic farms. Participating farms in Africa, Americas, Asia, Europe, Middle East and Oceania.
Animals, Wildlife, & Range Job Boards:
- American Society of Animal Science: Mostly higher level positions like professorships, directors, etc. Good for grad students.
- Association of Zoos & Aquariums: Zoo, aquarium, vet, husbandry jobs, internships, fellowships, etc.
- Fisheries & Wildlife Jobs: Oregon State’s list of fish and wildlife related job boards, industry associations, etc.
Rangeland West: Collection of places who hire rangeland students as well as job board links such as ranchwork.com.
Environmental/Sustainability Job Boards:
- Ecojobs.com: Environmental career opportunities in natural resources, renewable energy, environmental law/policy/advocacy/education, internships, etc.
- Environmental Career Center: Postings in conservation, natural resources, environmental science, biology, ecology, sustainability and more.
- Green Dream Jobs: From renewable energy jobs to green building jobs, organic industry jobs, policy, planning and scientific jobs that restore natural resources.
- Green Jobs Network: Positions in climate change, conservation, ecology, energy, farming, recycling and more.
- Student Training & Education in Public Service: Green Degrees & Careers: Job titles matched to key issues (e.g. deforestation, climate change) and advice from industry professionals.
Additional Job Boards:
- Employer Cataloging Service: To research a full list of employers in your state according to your major/area of expertise, try Buzzfile’s Employer by Major tool.
- Broad job boards: Indeed lists thousands of employment opportunities, and you can filter your preferences by industry and location. Mac’s List is specific to the Northwest.
- Peace Corps: Peace Corps: A service opportunity involving immersion in a community abroad, working side by side with local leaders to tackle pressing global challenges.
- Government jobs: USA Jobs is where all federal government jobs are listed (Department of Fish and Wildlife, all the branches of the USDA, Department of Energy, etc.). It includes unique experiences for current students and recent graduates. Note that state, county and local government positions are typically listed on their own websites (e.g. State of California jobs).
- Nonprofit jobs: Idealist and Work for Good are examples of places to look for nonprofit jobs. The Nonprofit Association of Oregon is a regional database for nonprofit work opportunities.
- Faculty/academic jobs: Chronicle Vitae, a service of the Chronicle of Higher Education, is a hub for graduate level, faculty, research and other academic positions.
- Employment agencies: Another way to find jobs is to work with a hiring or temp agency, which is usually free to applicants. CampusPoint is an example of a Northwest-based company that focuses on placing current students and recent graduates with local companies.
**Oregon State makes no representation, warranty or guarantee about the positions or job boards listed. We do not prescreen employment or internship opportunities on behalf of students. You assume full responsibility for your safety, security, wages, working conditions, etc. of any off-campus employment or internship opportunities.**