Research Support position at the University of Idaho
The Margaret Ritchie School of Family and Consumer Sciences at the University of Idaho is looking for a Research Associate II. The individual will perform research activities and analysis; implements, evaluates and recommends adjustments to research procedures. Responsible for synthesizing and independently preparing results for publication. Works under general supervision with a significant degree of creativity and latitude. May coordinate research operations and the daily activities of junior research personnel. To learn more about the position: https://uidaho.peopleadmin.com/postings/38028
Toxicologist Job Opportunities at the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality in Austin, Texas
The Toxicology, Risk Assessment, and Research Division at the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) is looking for several toxicologists to join our team. This job provides the opportunity to work to protect public health and the environment in Texas, as well as to impact environmental policy at the state and national level. These full-time positions involve serving as an expert for agency staff and the public concerning toxicology and risk assessment issues.
More information can be found on our webpage: https://www.tceq.texas.gov/toxicology. We encourage applicants in the fields of toxicology, pharmacology, risk assessment or a related field (such as cancer biology, biochemistry, etc). The positions involve a substantial amount of writing and communication at many levels (to the general public, other toxicologists, legislators, other employees in the agency), so very good communication skills are required. The TCEQ cannot sponsor Visas. We are hiring for both entry-level (Toxicologist I) and senior level (Toxicologist II) positions. The minimum qualifications for a Toxicologist I are a Master’s degree with 2 years of experience, or a PhD. The minimum qualifications for a Toxicologist II are a Master’s degree with 7 years of experience, or a PhD with 5 years of experience. For more details or to apply for the positions go to: https://www.tceq.texas.gov/jobs/current-job-openings-and-how-to-apply"
Links to Other Job Listing Websites
Job Boards Related to Agricultural Sciences/Economics/Food:
- AgCareers: Broad job board for agriculture, food, natural resources and biotech. Also includes articles, career guides, career profiles, etc.
- Agricultural & Applied Economics Association: Agricultural economist jobs, professorships, analysts, post-docs, etc.
- American Society of Agronomy: Graduate assistantships, extension, professorships, research technicians, scientists and more.
- Biospace: Find biotech, clinical research and pharmaceutical jobs from thousands of employers.
- CareersInFood: Postings in microbiology, R&D, quality assurance, food science, brewing, management, dairy, etc.
- Institute of Food Technologists: IFT’s job board for food scientists, flavorists, regulatory/safety, etc.
- Jobs in Horticulture Inc.: Various job listings and internships in horticulture.
- Joe Produce: Online job center for produce, agriculture and related across the entire food chain - from seed to store.
WWOOF (Organic Farming): Live, volunteer, and learn on organic farms. Participating farms in Africa, Americas, Asia, Europe, Middle East and Oceania.
Animals, Wildlife, & Range Job Boards:
- American Society of Animal Science: Mostly higher level positions like professorships, directors, etc. Good for grad students.
- Association of Zoos & Aquariums: Zoo, aquarium, vet, husbandry jobs, internships, fellowships, etc.
- Fisheries & Wildlife Jobs: Oregon State’s list of fish and wildlife related job boards, industry associations, etc.
Rangeland West: Collection of places who hire rangeland students as well as job board links such as ranchwork.com.
Environmental/Sustainability Job Boards:
- Ecojobs.com: Environmental career opportunities in natural resources, renewable energy, environmental law/policy/advocacy/education, internships, etc.
- Environmental Career Center: Postings in conservation, natural resources, environmental science, biology, ecology, sustainability and more.
- Green Dream Jobs: From renewable energy jobs to green building jobs, organic industry jobs, policy, planning and scientific jobs that restore natural resources.
- Green Jobs Network: Positions in climate change, conservation, ecology, energy, farming, recycling and more.
- Student Training & Education in Public Service: Green Degrees & Careers: Job titles matched to key issues (e.g. deforestation, climate change) and advice from industry professionals.
Additional Job Boards:
- Employer Cataloging Service: To research a full list of employers in your state according to your major/area of expertise, try Buzzfile’s Employer by Major tool.
- Broad job boards: Indeed lists thousands of employment opportunities, and you can filter your preferences by industry and location. Mac’s List is specific to the Northwest.
- Peace Corps: Peace Corps: A service opportunity involving immersion in a community abroad, working side by side with local leaders to tackle pressing global challenges.
- Government jobs: USA Jobs is where all federal government jobs are listed (Department of Fish and Wildlife, all the branches of the USDA, Department of Energy, etc.). It includes unique experiences for current students and recent graduates. Note that state, county and local government positions are typically listed on their own websites (e.g. State of California jobs).
- Nonprofit jobs: Idealist and Work for Good are examples of places to look for nonprofit jobs. The Nonprofit Association of Oregon is a regional database for nonprofit work opportunities.
- Faculty/academic jobs: Chronicle Vitae, a service of the Chronicle of Higher Education, is a hub for graduate level, faculty, research and other academic positions.
- Employment agencies: Another way to find jobs is to work with a hiring or temp agency, which is usually free to applicants. CampusPoint is an example of a Northwest-based company that focuses on placing current students and recent graduates with local companies.
**Oregon State makes no representation, warranty or guarantee about the positions or job boards listed. We do not prescreen employment or internship opportunities on behalf of students. You assume full responsibility for your safety, security, wages, working conditions, etc. of any off-campus employment or internship opportunities.**