- About Us
- Outreach & Service Partners
- Support EMT
- Employee Resources
We are recruiting for three PhD fellowships focused on agricultural data science:
For more on these positions, please see the flyer or visit our website: agriculturaldatascience.com. Interested students should contact Dr. Jones, Kudenov, or me depending on which position they would like to learn more about.
Each of these students will receive:
- A stipend of $30k per year for three years, plus benefits and full tuition support
- Certificate in Agricultural Data Science from NCSU's College of Ag & Life Science
- Professional development training opportunities through the Foundation for Food and Agriculture Research Fellows program, including annual residential sessions and travel funds for two University Industry Consortium meetings.
- A short-term research exchange at the Idaho National Laboratory
- Additional networking opportunities with professionals at SAS and Microsoft
- Mentoring opportunities with a diverse, multidisciplinary team at North Carolina State University to capture, integrate, and analyze agricultural data collected from field to market.
The students who fill these assistantships will work on different aspects of agricultural data science, from in-field imaging to supply chain dynamics and satellite remote sensing.
Students with backgrounds in agriculture, agricultural engineering, biological engineering, electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, software engineering, mechanical engineering, civil engineering, industrial engineering, optical sensors, remote sensing, geology or related fields are welcome to apply. Please note that, due to restrictions imposed by our sponsor, only U.S. citizens and/or US nationals are eligible for this specific funding.
BONUS: We are also looking for one postdoc to work on this project (More information can be found here).