Research and outreach activities include support for the National Pesticide Information Center , which is a cooperative agreement between Oregon State University and the U.S. E.P.A. Office of Pesticide Programs. I collect information relating to the clinical toxicology of pesticides, and provide assistance in the investigation of sentinel events involving human exposures. A large electronic and paper library of scientific literature pertaining to the basic and clinical toxicology of pesticides is maintained, and this information is available upon request or when needed to respond to inquiries involving human exposures.
I am Co-Director of the Integrative Health Science Facility Core of the Environmental Health Science Center at Oregon State University. I provide support for the design and execution of clinical and translational research in the environmental health sciences. Current research activities include the application of geographic information systems and spatial scan statistics in the surveillance and prevention of pesticide exposures.
I am leader of the Research Translation Core for the OSU Superfund Research Program, which is focused on polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons. The Research Translation Core communicates the Superfund Research Program findings in ways that are meaningful to stakeholders including public health and regulatory agencies, high-risk populations, and the general public.
Other projects include:
Core Leader, for the Research Translation Core B
- Caleb J. Banta-Green, Jennifer A. Field, et al. (2009). "The spatial epidemiology of cocaine, methamphetamine and 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA) use: a demonstration using a population measure of community drug load derived from municipal wastewater." Addiction 2009.104(11):1874-80.
- Stone DL, Sudakin DL, Jenkins JJ. (2009). “Longitudinal trends in organophosphate incidents reported to the National Pesticide Information Center, 1995-2007.” Environ Health 2009;8:18.
- Sudakin DL, Power LE. (2009). “Regional and Temporal Variation in Methamphetamine-related Incidents: Applications of Geographic Information Systems and Spatial Scan Statistics.” Clinical Toxicology (2009), 47(3):243-7
- Sudakin Daniel L; Power Laura E (2009). Regional variation in the severity of pesticide exposure outcomes: applications of geographic information systems and spatial scan statistics. Clinical toxicology (2009), 47(3), 248-52.
- Sudakin DL, Fallah P. (2008). “Toxigenic Fungi and Mycotoxins in Outdoor, Recreational Environments. Clinical Toxicology. 2008;46(8):738-44.
- Sudakin DL. (2007). “Fatality After a Single Dermal Application of Lindane Lotion.” Arch Environ Occup Health. 2007;62(4):201-3.
- Power LE, Sudakin DL. (2007) Pyrethrin and pyrethroid exposures in the United States: a longitudinal analysis of incidents reported to poison control centers. J Med Toxicol. 3(3):94-9.
- Sudakin DL. (2007) Appendix A: Informational sources on pesticides and health. J Agromedicine. 12(1):77-82.
- Sudakin DL, Power LE. (2007) Organophosphate exposures in the United States: a longitudinal analysis of incidents reported to poison control centers. J Toxicol Environ Health. 70(2):141-7.
- Sudakin DL. (2006) Pyrethroid insecticides: advances and challenges in biomonitoring. Clin Toxicol. 44(1):31-7
- Sudakin DL. (2005) Pesticides and electronic resources for health care providers. J Agromedicine. 10(1):45-51.
- Sudakin DL. (2005) Occupational exposure to aluminium phosphide and phosphine gas? A suspected case report and review of the literature. Hum Exp Toxicol. 24(1):27-33.
- Sudakin DL. (2003) Biopesticides. Toxicological Reviews. 22(2):83-90.
- Sudakin DL and Trevathan WR. (2003) DEET: A Review and Update of Safety and Risk in the General Population. Journal of Toxicology-Clinical Toxicology. 41(6):831-9.
- Sudakin DL. (2003) Trichothecenes in the Environment: Relevance to Human Health. Toxicology Letters. 143(2):97-107.
- Sudakin DL. (2003) Dietary Aflatoxins and Chemoprevention of Cancer: A Clinical Review. Journal of Toxicology-Clinical Toxicology. 41(2):195-204.
- Sudakin DL, Horowitz BZ, Giffin S. (2002) Regional Variation in the Incidence of Symptomatic Pesticide Exposures: Applications of Geographic Information Systems. Journal of Toxicology-Clinical Toxicology. 40(6):767-773.
- Sudakin DL, Mullins ME, Horowitz BZ, Abshier V, Letzig L. (2000) Intermediate syndrome after malathion ingestion despite continuous infusion of pralidoxime. J Toxicol Clin Toxicol. 38(1):47-50.
- Sudakin DL. (2000) Stachybotrys chartarum: current knowledge of its role in disease. MedGenMed. 2(1):E11.
- Sudakin DL, Osimitz T. (2010). “DEET.” In Handbook of Pesticide Toxicology, Third Edition.
- Sudakin DL. "Mycotoxins and Toxigenic Fungi." In Medical Toxicology, Third Edition (2003).
- Sudakin DL. "Fungicides." In Critical Care Toxicology: Diagnosis and Management of the Critically Poisoned Patient (in press).
- About Us
- Faculty and Trainee Award Deadlines
- Prospective Students
- Toxicology Graduate Program Learning Outcomes
- Campus Services
- Student Resources
- Individual Development Plan Portal
- Faculty Resources
- Current Students
- Departmental Forms
- Grant & Contracts Resources
- AMBC Assistance
- Contact Us